Tuesday, July 29, 2008

TOM BALBO

I spoke with Tom today. He lives in Olympia WA with wife Cynthia on the home he remodeled/built. He reports " retired in 2002, finished all my honey doooooo’s, spent the summer at the beach with my grandchildren and then got bored… So here I am still hacking away at the construction game. I figure as long as its still fun , why not. "

Posted on nawicpugetsound.org re a Aug 11,2008 talk to be given by Tom in Renton WA:

Tom Balbo is a graduate of the Cooper Union School of Architecture, New York City. He joined Ferguson Construction, Inc., in 2003 with over 30 years experience in architectural design, zoning and planning board approval, chief estimator, project management, and construction management. As a graduate architect, and former Project Superintendent, Tom brings an exceptional multi-disciplined background to all phases of the construction process. His diverse background and “hands on” experience allows him to be effectively involved in projects from concept to commissioning and user occupancy. Tom has also completed numerous Value Engineering and Constructability Reviews for an array of public sector projects. He is Past President of the Associated General Contractors of Washington and Past President of the Construction Managers Association, NW Chapter. He currently serves as a member of the State’s Capital Projects Advisory Review Board – Project Review Committee.

Tom’s recent projects of note include Preconstruction Services and Construction Management for the new campus at Eastside Catholic School, Sammamish, WA • Owner’s Representative for the Tacoma School District #10 • Preconstruction Manager for Family Services Corporate Office, Seattle, WA• Owner’s Representative for Washington State Department of Corrections • and Construction Manager for the University of Washington – Bloedel Hearing/Research Center and H, I & J Wing Addition.

1 comment:

sandi said...

I am a longtime Vintage Paper Dealer who is phasing out after 30 years of selling to museums,libraries, companies,websites and private collectors on almost any subject you can think of. Many have their own archives where they preserve this wonderful material and also frame for display and/or give as gifts.
I have a large collection of Vintage paper related to the Ebasaco Company and its products ..mostly articles and ads from all publications and eras. I would be happy to send you a few items to look over before deciding to purchase..I have always done business in this manner and it has worked out for everyone...I save writing detailed lists and you get to view the actual material before you decide to purchase. {Prices are all under ten dollars... I also offer a lot price should you keep it all.}
Please contact me even if you are not interested so I can pass this on to the next person on my list.
Thank you,
Sandra Baker
Perhaps you could pass this on to others who might have interest?