Saturday, July 5, 2008

Welcome Old Friends

Having recently started to doing a garage clean-up, I found a classic memo from 1977 at the WPPSS Site in Washington State from the civil contractor asking to forgo the letter writing wars and instead settle everything with a "rock fight." This I have sent to various Ebasco folks who I still have occasional contacts. See my profile for the sites I was at.

I have searched the web to see if I can locate others, but have had little success. So, I thought I'd try this blog and see what happens.


I became an owner of rental property completely by accident.. leaving Olympia WA and the WPPSS project fully intending to return.. then buying in Broomfield CO only to have the project end when scheduled 9 months later... then buying in Knoxville TN... and in Florida with my brother.

Upon my move to WA in 1997 I started exchanging the 4 properties for local rentals. This ended up being a great time to buy. I put in 8 hard years of remodeling, maintaining and managing 5 rentals, as well as acting as a real estate agent until deciding to phase out in 2006 when I sold 3 of the rentals. I'm now attempting top sell the last 2.

Have let loose a bit, fulfilling my desire for a "little red sports car" (1999 Miata) and traveling with Carol - my wife of 35 years.

5 comments:

sandi said...

I am a longtime Vintage Paper Dealer who is phasing out after 30 years of selling to museums,libraries, companies,websites and private collectors on almost any subject you can think of. Many have their own archives where they preserve this wonderful material and also frame for display and/or give as gifts.
I have a large collection of Vintage paper related to the Ebasco Company and its products ..mostly articles and ads from all publications and eras. I would be happy to send you a few items to look over before deciding to purchase..I have always done business in this manner and it has worked out for everyone...I save writing detailed lists and you get to view the actual material before you decide to purchase. {Prices are all under ten dollars... I also offer a lot price should you keep it all.}
Please contact me even if you are not interested so I can pass this on to the next person on my list.
Thank you,
Sandra Baker
Perhaps you could pass this on to others who might have interest?

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra,

I'm a historian working on engineering firms in the Middle East and came across EBASCO recently. I'd love to hear what sort of collection you have!

Please feel free to contact me at lombj497@newschool.edu

All the best,


Joe L.

Gail Cave said...

I am not sure how to contact any of the Alumni of Ebasco but I thought I would try
'My Dad worked for Ebasco 1946 to 1951 as an administrative traffic assistant. He was an engineer fresh out of the Sea Bees in WWII He was brilliant but he has been
gone a long time and I was looking around to see if there is any history of the company. My name is Gail Cave and my email is rosedr123@aol.com

ANDRAINO ADAMS said...

Good articles, Have you heard of LFDS (Le_Meridian Funding Service, Email: lfdsloans@outlook.com --WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740--lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) is as USA/UK funding service they grant me loan of $95,000.00 to launch my business and I have been paying them annually for two years now and I still have 2 years left although I enjoy working with them because they are genuine Loan lender who can give you any kind of loan.

Robin said...

Anyone work with or know F. A. Jones. He was an Engineer who worked for Ebasco in the late 50's.